I Know My Farms
August 17, 2010 § Leave a comment
Today is CSA Day! It was a great change-up in produce as well….I do not know if I could have handled another week of yellow squash. Today’s selection included: butternut squash (my fav), sweet potatoes, cucumbers, lemon thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, roma tomatoes and baby white potatoes. I was very excited to make a local meal tonight and did just that.
For dinner we had 3 items. 1.) roasted baby white potatoes (local) with garlic (local), olive oil, sea salt, pepper and lemon thyme (local). 2.) Turkey Burgers 3.) Corn on the Cob….yummmm O!
recipe for potatoes:
- Take small whole baby white potatoes and wash thoroughly
- Use cooking spray and spray bottom of oven safe pan (Le Creuset is my choice)
- Add whole potatoes to pan
- cut up fresh garlic clove add as much as desired, minimum recommended is one clove and add-on top of potatoes in pan
- add 1/2 t of sea salt and 1/2 t of pepper to potatoes in pan
- put 2 sprigs of lemon thyme in center of pan
- bake in 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a fork will easily go through potatoes
- Serve hot and enjoy 🙂
The turkey burgers were served with roma tomatoes (local), NYS cheddar cheese and HFC free Ketchup:
It’s almost the end of corn season 😦 But luckily I still have quite a batch to use up 🙂
I am going to relax tonight and watch more of season 2 of Friday Night Lights…I am addicted to this show.
Tomorrow night my friends Christine and Derek are coming over for taco night, super excited 🙂
Today is my day of rest on my 10k schedule too by the way.
Thyme and Thyme again,